Health insurance in the EU

On several occasions, Estonia will remain the insuring country of a person working abroad. It is possible to apply for forms E106 or S1 for health care abroad, depending on whether you are a frontier worker, a worker assigned from Estonia to work in another EU state, or a worker assigned to Estonia. These forms allow the worker and if necessary, members of his/her family, to receive health care on equal terms with the residents of the given state.

NB! If you travel outside the European Union, then it is advisable to get travel insurance. This service is offered by private insurance companies and the Estonian Health Insurance Fund does not govern the domain.